DRUNKEN SANTA FUDGE RECIPE
Posted on Thursday, November 09 2017 01:09:00 AM in News by Carissa Scott
Give yourself and your guest a 3-ingredient boozy Santa Fudge drink for Christmas! Drunk Santa Fudge is the latest recipe in The Decorated Cookie Mom and Chef ‘sBoozy Fudge Series.
Three-ingredients and a few minutes is all you need to make the BEST. Christmas.Gift.Ever. Vodka, powdered sugar and melted white chocolate equals a melt-in-your-mouth, crazy delicious and STRONG candy heaven.
WARNING: This is for grown-ups only, please.These are no-bake, so the booze does not cook out which makes it the best Christmas treat ever.
If you’re not a fan of vodka, you can substitute gin. If you’re not a fan of alcohol at all, you won’t like this fudge because it contains strong alcohol.
1 (12 ounce) package (2 cups) of white chocolate chips
2 pounds (about 8 cups) confectioner’s sugar
1 cup vodka or gin
Christmas-themed sprinkles (optional)
- Line a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Crease the edges so the sides are also lined and you can later use the parchment paper to lift the fudge out of the pan. If necessary, snip the corners of the paper with scissors.
- Place the chocolate chips in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds at 70 percent power. Stir and continue to melt at 30 second, then 15 second, intervals just until melted, stirring well each time.
- While the chocolate is melting, place the confectioner’s sugar in a large bowl. Whisk the vodka into the sugar. The mixture will look like icing.
- When the chocolate is melted, quickly pour the chocolate into the sugar and vodka mixture and stir very well. Scrape the chocolate, vodka and sugar mixture into the prepared baking pan. Spread evenly. Work quickly, as white chocolate sets quickly when mixed with liquid.
- If desired, sprinkle sprinkles on top and gently press into the fudge.
- Let the fudge set at room temperature just until firm, about an hour. Lift from the pan and cut into squares. If the fudge is still too soft, place in the refrigerator to firm.
- Makes 60 one-inch pieces.